Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Flying high

It's NEW YEAR'S EVE, and I could write about my favorite song from 2008 ("READY FOR THE FLOOR" by HOT CHIP) or about my predictions for the year ahead (more snow), but all I am really thinking about is last night's HOLIDAY BOWL.
Quarterback Jeremiah Masoli rushed for three touchdowns and threw for another as MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS defeated OKLAHOMA STATE, 42-31, in San Diego. Trailing by 10 at halftime, the Ducks improved in the second half of the game and outscored the Cowboys, 35-14.
Masoli gained 106 yards on 16 carries and completed 18 of 32 passes for 258 yards -- starring for the Ducks a year after leading the CITY COLLEGE OF SAN FRANCISCO RAMS to a junior college championship.
Oregon’s Jeremiah Johnson ran 12 times for 119 yards, including a 76-yard TD in the first half.
We all watched the game on TV last night while munching popcorn -- in the Hogstrom house, at least, it all ended happily ever after.
In fact, I am so happy, I even hope the DANGED OL' BEAVERS beat Pitt today in their bowl game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home