Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It never snows in Stockton, Calif.

It never snows in STOCKTON, CALIF.?
That's not technically true: In a chart of 41 years of climate data (check it out here), the San Joaquin County seat received 0.3 inches of snow in February 1976.
What I should have said is that it never snows in Stockton like it snows here in Dubuque.
We have already received 23 inches this season and it is snowing again today, just like it will snow tomorrow.
I am frankly sick of it, so I am attempting to take my mind off the white stuff by listening to Stockton's favorite indie sons, PAVEMENT, while sipping coffee and avoiding the scene outside the window.
I just burned a CD of some Pavement tunes. I combined the four songs of the "PACIFIC TRIM" EP of 1996 with six songs from compilations -- "It's a Hectic World," from the Descendents tribute album, "Homage;" "Nail Clinic" from "Hey Drag City;" "Sensitive Euro Man" from the "I Shot Andy Warhol" soundtrack; "No More Kings" from "Schoolhouse Rock! Rocks;" "Painted Soldiers" from the "Brain Candy" soundtrack and "Unseen Power of the Picket Fence" from "No Alternative."
They are some great songs, making me smile on a snowy day.
Oh, and now that I have written about Stockton never getting any snow, it will probably snow like crazy this year. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home