Monday, December 15, 2008

"You love nature, don't you?"

I listened to the singles of DEXY'S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS while driving around in today's BITTERLY COLD TEMPERATURES (we endured a daytime high of 8 Fahrenheit today).
The final song on the CD was the final U.K. charting single of the band, "BECAUSE OF YOU," the theme to the BBC-TV sitcom "BRUSH STROKES."
The song is a marvelous, lilting ballad, far removed from the frenetic Celtic pop of "Come on Eileen" or the horn-driven euphoria of "Geno."
I enjoyed hearing it, but every time Kevin Rowland sang the repeated line "you love nature, don't you?" I responded with an emphatic "no!"
No I don't love nature -- not when it serves up a wind-chill reading of minus-21.
Ask me again the next time it is 75 and sunny.
Check out a video for "Because of You" by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home