Sunday, December 07, 2008

They only wanna be with me

First, congratulations to ROUTE 1 reader LAURA C. Her brother garnered a GRAMMY NOMINATION!
Laura's brother Matt is a mastering engineer, and he and his crew have been nominated for the Grammy for "BEST HISTORICAL ALBUM," for their work on "Classic Columbia, OKeh And Vocalion Lester Young With Count Basie (1936-1940)," from
Mosaic Records.
Hooray!
Second, I wish my family would come home!
My wife and kids are visiting my newest nephew -- BABY FINN -- and the emptiness of our home has created the three clingiest pets you can imagine.
The puppy and the two cats refuse my side -- which is too bad for them -- as I must leave for work in about 40 minutes.
Last night, the puppy was nestled, whimpering, by my side under the covers while the white cat purred by my ear and the black cat licked my head. Yecch!
I have tried to recover my sanity this morning by watching some classic DUSTY SPRINGFIELD clips on YouTube.
She was great, as you can see for yourself here, here and here.
Now then, when is my family coming home? Soon? Please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home