Monday, December 01, 2008

Thriller fuels book reading on cold days

SNOWY, COLD WEATHER gives me a good excuse to curl up with a book.
The nature of the psychological thriller I am reading makes the book difficult to put down.
I am reading "I MARRIED A DEAD MAN," written by CORNELL WOOLRICH under the pen name "William Irish."
It follows the story of a poor, lonely pregnant girl who, through a case of mistaken identity, is taken in by a wealthy family and treated as family.
The girls' fear of being discovered as an impostor becomes an obsession that dominates her life.
Published by Lippincott in 1948, "I Married a Dead Man" has been filmed several times.
The book reads like a great film noir, so I am not surprised it has been transformed to the screen.
More snow is apparently heading our way by the middle of this week. My perfect "book-reading conditions" will continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home