Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Calexico: As good as my dog is goofy

I'm surprised Humane Society officials aren't banging on the door right now.
I just got two of the dirtiest looks I have ever received from two passers-by while I took RORY THE OUTSIDE POTTY CHALLENGED PUPPY for a brief walk during my lunch hour.
The looks resulted from the first, or outbound, leg of the walk: I practically had to drag the dog down the sidewalk.
What the outraged neighbors didn't see was the second, or inbound, leg of the walk: Rory practically pulled my arm out of its socket as she raced like a miniature thoroughbred to get back home.
Oh well, at least I could listen to some fine music.
I am listening to "FEAST OF WIRE," the 2003 album by Tucson, Ariz., band CALEXICO throughout the day.
It is a marvelous album in which every song sounds like it belongs on a film soundtrack. Calexico remind me of a latter-day version of The Band -- a rock group that taps into the American experience in part because they use non-traditional instruments to make rock music.
"Feast of Wire" abounds with Dobros, accordians, steel guitars, trumpets and other instruments that combine for a lush sound but don't distract from the great songs.
Too many albums are the equivalent of dragging your reluctant dog down the sidewalk. "Feast of Wire" is the aural equivalent of the goofy dog's race back home.

1 Comments:

Blogger WEIJYE said...

0824jejeAprès les enfants cortez nike cuir homme sont venus les approbations de la célébrité. Oui, vous pouvez basket nike wmns air max 90 premium noir trouver des paires qui incluent un pricetag de 170 asics running pas cher $. Le nom de marque Bathing Ape, asics gel lyte v rouge et blanche centré sur les expressions fréquentes de la langue japonaise, asics femme soldes «baignant dans l'eau tiède», décrit la jeunesse basket nike tn pas cher japonaise pour les développements les plus récents et les plus asics gel lyte v femme rose appréciés.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home