Thursday, December 04, 2008

What is this world coming to?

Up north, a coalition attempts to oust the recently elected government in a parliamentary crisis.
Down here, a financial crisis threatens to sweep established names from the nation's business roster, while making it more difficult for families to hold onto their homes.
Then, there is this *REALLY* worrying development:
The JONAS BROTHERS have been nominated for BEST NEW ARTIST in the latest round of GRAMMY NOMINATIONS.
What?!
I must be showing my age (and refined musical taste), because I am cringing at the announcement.
I don't begrudge the NICKELODEON and DISNEY CHANNEL generation their musical heroes, I just doubt that they belong on the same ballot as Adele, Duffy, Lady Antebellum and Jazmine Sullivan.
I can only hope Robert Plant and Alison Krauss sweep their awards. That will show there's some hope for this world yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home