Saturday, December 06, 2008

"Cera Una Volta il West"... with nap!

Today's headline was going to be "SERGIO LEONE MOVIES ALWAYS MAKE ME THIRSTY," until the pets and I took a TWO-HOUR NAP in the middle of watching "CERA UNA VOLTA IL WEST (ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST)" on DVD this afternoon.
I usually remain wide awake during movies starring CLAUDIA CARDINALE, but I endured a long week at work and spent most of the morning cleaning the kitchen.
By the afternoon hours, I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open.
I finished watching Leone's 1968 film this evening.
HENRY FONDA is mesmerizing as the villain Frank, particularly if you have only seen him in "good guy" roles.
"People scare better when they're dying" is just one of Frank's memorable lines.
My favorite of his quotes though, is the following:
"How can you trust a man who wears both suspenders and a belt? The man can't even trust his own pants."
That's a line worth waking up to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home