Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's a simple dream: A house among the eucalyptus

"Today: Sunny, with a high near 75. East wind between 5 and 10 mph."
-- KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO
I blame the WEATHER. I have dreamt we were back in CALIFORNIA for the past two nights.
Just now, I dreamt I was traveling home down the freeway in some indeterminate (but definitely warmer) city. I turned up a hill into a quiet neighborhood and parked the car along a house nestled among EUCALYPTUS trees.
I stepped into the house, said hello to a cat, walked toward the sound of my family's voices -- and woke up to the alarm going off.
We are listening to KNX online this morning while checking local news Web sites. The girls are disappointed that school has not been delayed by yesterday's snowstorm. I am disappointed that the lingering images of my dream are slowly starting to fade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home