Thursday, January 15, 2009

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

I didn't always understand what was going on, but I always enjoyed watching "THE PRISONER" on TV as a kid.
Emmy-winning actor PATRICK McGOOHAN, best known for starring in the cult 1960s drama, recently died age 80.
"I'm not sure which side runs this village," McGoohan's No. 6 once said, and I agreed. The philosophical elements and various layer of allegory of "The Prisoner" often escaped my grasp. However, I always shrank from the screen when the Rover -- that big, white balloon thing, rose out of the water to chase down Village residents.
"Who is No. 1?"
"You are, No. 6."
McGoohan will be missed, that much I know for certain.

1 Comments:

Blogger inger said...

A college roommate of mine was pretty obsessed with this show, so I've seen every episode several times...it has made me want go to Portmerion, Wales though. Such a lovely town!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home