Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cardinals fan for a day. OK, make that two days

The SUNS were the only major-league team in town when I lived in PHOENIX, ARIZ.
Most of the NFL fans in the Valley of the Sun followed the Cowboys, something that often irked a lifelong SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS fan like me.
I cheered for the ARIZONA CARDINALS today, though, when the team beat the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, 32-25, to win their first NFC title and advance to the first Super Bowl in franchise history.
I am overjoyed for the team, the city and the state of Arizona.
David Kadlubowski's above photo in the ARIZONA REPUBLIC shows the determination of receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who caught three touchdowns passes in the first half.
Quarterback Kurt Warner and the Cardinals' defense have helped make history, too, playing remarkably well during the playoffs.
The STEELERS are up next for the Cards. I'll cheer for the Arizonans in the big game, Feb. 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home