Saturday, April 05, 2008

Travel? Check! Seats? Check! Result? Uh... No.

Everything seemed so perfect during my trip to the BALLGAME today -- except the final score!
Sacramento, Calif., native MANNY PARRA (pictured) held the GIANTS hitless through five innings for his first major league victory as MILWAUKEE beat SAN FRANCISCO, 5-4.
Dang!
My Brewers-loving father in law and I enjoyed a leisurely drive to Milwaukee for the game. When we arrived, I walked over to Will Call to retrieve the tickets and the ticket counter girl's eyes grew wide and she said:
"Those are great seats!"
She was right. We were in section 117, row 5. So? So that's the fifth row up from home plate!
Yikes! I don't even think I have ever sat that close for a Little League game, never mind a pro game. Wow.
Too bad the result didn't match the venue (from my perspective).
Ryan Braun and Gabe Kapler homered to lead the Brewers to the win. Ray Durham homered and Eugenio Velez tripled for my Giants, who fell to 1-4 in the early going (of what promises to be a lengthy and agonizing season).
Here's a weird tidbit from the game: Another Dubuque resident was sitting in the fourth row up from home plate, about three seats down from me! He was also a Giants fan, having lived in Redwood City, Calif. Weird...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home