Monday, March 31, 2008

I was listening. Listening REALLY HARD.

One of the best things about listening to BASEBALL ON THE RADIO is that you can drift in and out of consciousness and explain it by saying:
"I was just listening hard."
"You were snoring."
"Oh. I was listening REALLY HARD."
Ah well, at least I was alert enough last night to catch the PRESIDENTS' RACE during the WASHINGTON NATIONALS' home opener.

CHARLIE SLOWES and DAVE JAGELER called the action on TALK RADIO 3WT as the NATIONALS beat the BRAVES, 3-2, on a two-out home run by RYAN ZIMMERMAN in the bottom of the ninth inning.
I was awake for that part, too.
We have subscribed to the Audio Gameday package from MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL for the second straight year. That means we can hear home and away broadcasts of every big league game for $15 per season.
I know a lot of games show up on television. That's fine. I prefer listening on the radio. It reminds me of summer days at my grandparents' home in MAXWELL, CALIF. My grandmother caught every GIANTS game she could on KNBR (and previously KSFO).
I plan to do the same thing this year, even though I live 2,000 miles away.
That's the other great thing about "listening really hard" to baseball on the radio -- I can dream I am back there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Matheson said...

cute.
That's like me and my Saskatchewan Roughrider Football games.

http://www.saskriders.com/

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home