Friday, March 21, 2008

"Kickin' you around like a hackey sack!"

I was supposed to be spending this vacation day traveling to Des Moines for Easter.
Instead, I have been sitting at the kitchen table, laying my head on the table while I battle INFLUENZA.
Tamiflu helps blunt the symptoms, but I remain aching and fatigued.
It is certainly not how I anticipated spending my little vacation.
This morning I have cheered myself up briefly while watching the gloriously funny video for "SMACK" by Long Beach, Calif.'s UGLY DUCKLING.
You can see it by clicking here.
In a send-up of creativity deficient hip-hop artists everywhere, the song's lyrics take on "all you cats wearin' retro jerseys with matchin' hats and too much jewelry, rockin' that gangster pop ringtone rap."
The video refers to the colorful pop art approach of the 1960s' "Batman" television series. It's funny, and it took my mind off the hospital ward that our house has become the past four days.
The FRIDAY QUESTION feature will return next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cooper said...

Erik:
Hope you are feeling better soon. You certainly got a bad case!

Speaking of funny movies, The Missus was watching the tail end of Blazing Saddles on AMC when I got home. I had forgotten how hilarious that one was.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home