Sunday, March 16, 2008

Never listen to early Pavement in an indoor waterpark

I should have known: Never listen to early Pavement when you are sitting in an indoor waterpark.
I accompanied seven kids to Dubuque's Grand Harbor Resort & Waterpark today.
I had a headache, so I didn't partake in the wet and wild fun myself.
Instead, I read some of Rob Jovanovic's "PERFECT SOUND FOREVER: THE STORY OF PAVEMENT."
I tried listening to the songs from Pavement's debut EP, "Slay Tracks (1933-1969)," that included on the compilation "Westing (By Musket & Sextant)."
Big mistake.
It never occurred to me that the ceaseless white noise of the cascading water and the shrill cries of the soaked children would completely negate the lo-fi hiss and jagged guitar shrieks that characterized the early Pavement sound.
Rather than accentuate my reading of the band's early history, my failed attempt to hear some Pavement only exacerbated my headache! D'oh!

1 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Matheson said...

you should "Get Cha Head In The Game."

;)

Hope it feels better.

Sorry, you said headache, and I just had to quote hsm.

:)

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home