Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Route1K

Have you ever known one of those people that becomes so passionate about the things they like that they can't seem to stop talking about them?
My sister certainly knows someone fitting that description -- she knows ME!
Back in early
2005, my sister INGER grew tired of receiving my lengthy, daily e-mails about African music, Japanese gangster films, obscure punk rock anniversaries and other topics that caught my fancy that day. She suggested I start a blog, reasoning that I was practically writing one to her anyway with every e-mail I sent.
Three years later, here we are: The 1,000th post on ROUTE 1.
Rather than take up too much of your time blabbing about
African music, Japanese gangster films, obscure punk rock anniversaries and other topics that caught my fancy today, I just want to use this post to THANK YOU FOR READING ROUTE 1.
Believe me, your support of this blog has saved a lot people from receiving far too many e-mails
about African music, Japanese gangster films, obscure punk rock anniversaries and other topics that caught my fancy.

3 Comments:

Blogger inger said...

Now, I wouldn't say that I "grew tired of receiving" your emails, more that I astutely recognized that they deserved a much wider audience than they were enjoying at that time....

9:12 AM  
Blogger Everyday Matheson said...

The state of Washington.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Brian Cooper said...

CONGRATULATIONS, and thanks for helping me start a blog! I have a long ways before hitting 1,000, however.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home