Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Question, the Milestone Edition

ROUTE 1 celebrates its 1000th post this week with one of the most basic of FRIDAY QUESTIONS:
"What was your favorite song heard during the past week?"
MIKE D. -- I heard a couple of good Van Halen oldies this week ("Beautiful Girls" and "Jamie's Crying"), but my favorite song was Robert Palmer's "Bad Case of Lovin' You."
DAVE B. -- The Call's "I Still Believe." I have not heard that song in years. A great song and band that never got the respect it deserved."
ANNIKA H. -- "Don't Stop the Music" by Rihanna.
KERI M. -- I know it's not new, but... "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. It's my life song. I have a new one. This one is new new -- Robert Randolph & The Family Band's "Ain't Nothing Wrong With That."
CLINT A. -- REM's "Supernatural Superserious." I think it is super catchy without being annoying.
JIM S. -- Some of you might not believe this, but a new song by Duran Duran is really good. It's called "Falling Down." It sounds nothing like their days of "Hungry Like The Wolf" or "Rio." It reminds me of Maroon 5 or John Mayer, with a great guitar solo at the end. Check it out.
MARY N.-P. -- I actually didn't hear a single musical number this week due to a family crisis, but I did catch part of the Capitol Steps' April Fool's Day show on public radio and their parody songs were funnnnny.
RICK T. -- I heard an OLD song called "Rag Mop" on XM Radio 171, the Bill Mack Show. I hadn't heard it in years!
LISA Y. -- "The Things We Can and Cannot Keep" by Alli Rogers.
ERIK H. -- I was a bathroom Guy Chadwick this week, crooning like the lead singer of The House of Love to their UK indie classic "Shine On." I heard the song three times and it stuck in my head, causing me to sing it every time I washed my hair in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home