Wednesday, August 08, 2007

All eyes -- and my ears -- on the Bay Area

Since all eyes were on the Bay Area the past couple days, I decided I would listen to my BAY AREA FUNK compilation as I drove around today.
This marvelous album includes a number of "should-have-been" hits by the likes of Sugar Pie DeSanto, Marvin Holmes and Onyx.
It's great music.
I am not sure where I stand on the Barry Bonds home run record. I have cheered Bonds for years -- since he joined the GIANTS for the 1993 season. I also feel cheated, thinking that the 73-homer season and some of his other marks could have been fueled by steroids.
What I really wish, however, is that the Giants would jettison some of their aging players and recall younger prospects. Players like Nate Schierholtz, Fred Lewis and Dan Ortmeier need to spend more time in the big leagues. The Giants need to know what the future holds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home