Monday, July 30, 2007

Bill Walsh, 1931-2007

I feel honored to have even SEEN Bill Walsh in person.
Walsh, who led the 49ers to three Super Bowl titles and six NFC West division titles in his 10 years as coach, passed away today age 75, following a battle with leukemia.
I never saw Walsh during a game -- 49er games were priced out of my wage bracket during the glory years.
Instead, I saw him during the Super Bowl XXIII victory parade down Market Street in 1989.

Walsh did so much for the 49ers, so much for the game of football, so much for the San Francisco Bay Area and so much for me. I was able to watch a few of their famous victories on TV with my late father -- the first 49er fan of the family. I have Walsh to thank for being able to share great times of triumph with my dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home