Tuesday, August 29, 2006

OK... We get it... Dude's sad because school started... sheesh!

So, I am walking back home after the traditional walk to the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL and I am trying to figure out why I feel so sad.
It's like this every year for me, but why, exactly?
Then it occurred to me that while the first day of school for Annika and Kerstin represents the opening of a new chapter, the first day of their school year for me represents yet another grain of sand slipping from the top half of the hourglass.
Am I being too morbid? Perhaps. I'll probably snap out of my funk as the day progresses.
Still, feeling that sadness welling up inside of me reminded me how emotionally charged even the simplest things can become.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cooper said...

I don't want to make your somber reflections worse, but you surely won't like the experience of dropping off your elder child at college for the first time. Enjoy the fact that you have many "first days" when the girls will be home the same day.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home