Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Route 1 in my dreams

Truth is stranger than fiction?
Not this time.
Last night I dreamt about the Route 1 FRIDAY QUESTION feature -- the first time my blog has featured so prominently in my subconscious mind.
The question concerned weird tattoos on rock stars, and in my dream I remember typing my answer. I wrote about Peter Garrett, the retired lead singer of Midnight Oil, and tattoos on his arms that had something to do with the Gross Domestic Product of a South Pacific Island chain. That's fiction. It's also a very strange dream!
In reality, Garrett is now a Labor Party Member of Parliament for the Australian House of Representatives. Garrett serves in the Opposition as the Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Reconciliation and the Arts. His Maroubra, NSW-based electorate, Kingsford Smith, includes Botany Bay -- one of the most historic places in all of Australia.
That truth is rather surprising, but it can't hold a candle to the fiction cooked up in my dreams last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home