Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sure sign of summer's end... but so what?

I woke up early to watch the FA Community Shield live on Fox Soccer Channel.
The traditional season-opening fixture between last season's champions -- Chelsea -- and FA Cup winners -- Liverpool -- is a sure sign of summer's end.
I am not complaining, though. I (practically) live for the English football season, so today's match served as a welcome reminder that the post-World Cup void will be filled in less than a week.
That sounds like I live a sad-sack life, I know, but I don't care. I make no apologies for my soccer obsessiveness.
Now then, onto the match:
John Arne Riise and Peter Crouch scored to give Liverpool a 2-1 victory over Chelsea. New signing Andriy Shevchenko scored for Chelsea.
My beloved Sheffield Wednesday have failed to win in three matches in the second-tier Championship, so I will probably need a competitive Premiership season to keep me going this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home