Sunday, August 06, 2006

Typical Sunday Morning

We are sitting here listening to a "smooth soul" playlist on iTunes (The Spinners' classic "Could it be I'm Falling in Love" is spilling out of the speakers right now).
Annika is using a tape measure to accurately gauge the length of her foot, Kerstin is designing a floor plan for a six-bedroom, three-bath house around the Baker Beach area of San Francisco with graph paper, pens and watercolors and I am reading about the rugby union teams participating in the Air New Zealand Cup and the second-division competition, the Heartland Championship.
Why?
Who knows. I am reading "A Traveler's History of New Zealand" and we listened to Radio New Zealand International online earlier this morning and I heard that Auckland crushed the Tasman Makos, 46-6, in the cup.
I started surfing the net and found some information on all of the clubs.
I think my favorite is Wairarapa-Bush (Fijian Tomasi Kedrabuka, pictured). They are the union based at Masterton, northeast of Wellington on the southern tip of North Island. I am not sure why they are my favorite, except that "Wairarapa-Bush" is so fun to say.
The Heartland Championship opens Aug. 19 with Wairarapa-Bush taking on Buller in the first round. Stay tuned for more details!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home