Friday, July 28, 2006

How many say "60 Minutes?"

Route 1 takes a detour with this week's FRIDAY QUESTION: What was your favorite television show when you were a kid?
Mike D. -- When the new Saturday morning kids programs came out in the fall, my sister and brother and I used to sit down with the TV listings and plot out which shows we were going to watch. "Wacky Races" and "The Banana Splits" were great, but "Johnny Quest" and the original "Scooby Doo" (before it jumped the shark by adding Scrappy Doo) were my favorites.
Steve M. -- "The Wild, Wild West." I liked "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." and "Mission Impossible" about as much.
Rick T. -- "The Howdy Doody Show." (Way too long ago!)
Kerstin H. -- "Winnie the Pooh."
Mark B. -- I had two, "Rawhide" and "Cheyenne."
Roseanne H. -- My two favorites were "Dragnet" and the "Ed Sullivan Show." Oh, and I can't forget "Gunsmoke." My dad watched it every week and we all loved it.
Dave B. -- Two hours of Looney Tunes every Saturday morning.
Erik H. -- I watched the "Lawless Monster Zone" episode of "Ultraman" on DVD yesterday and the clash of titanic creatures reminded me why I watched the show so religiously as a kid and why I spent so much time around our Concord, Calif. condo complex chasing imaginary monsters. I also liked "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters" (but I couldn't stand Johnny Whittaker) and "Land of the Lost." Darn those Sleestaks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home