Friday, August 18, 2006

FQ: Dreamy summer edition

Route 1 dreamt Midnight Oil's Peter Garrett had tattoos about economics.
What Route 1 really wanted to know was the answer to a simple FRIDAY QUESTION:
What song best sums up this summer?
-- or, in case you wish to follow the crazed logic of my dream --
What is the weirdest tattoo you can imagine on a retired rock star?
Dave B. -- "The Iowa Fight Song." The summer is done and college football begins. Bring on the Big Ten.
-- or --
A $100 bill being flushed down the toilet. Because 75 percent of rockers have no money left when they "retire." They have to go on these lame a$$ tours to make money just to survive. Them and their walkers strolling out on the stage for the rush of 50 drunk people cheering them on. Sad.
Rick T. -- The song "See You in September" by the Happenings.
-- or --
To me, all tattoos are weird.
Erik H. -- Freddie McKay's reggae classic "Love is a Treasure" sums up my summer. I purchased it on a CD in San Francisco and listened to it while driving through central California to Reno, Nev., where I played it on "repeat" one entire day. I have been humming along ever since.
-- or --
I'll stick to the subject of my dream. I dreamt Peter Garrett, former Midnight Oil vocalist and current Australian Member of Parliament had tattoos on both arms representing the changes in Gross Domestic Product for a South Pacific island nation. When I woke up, I checked the Internet for photos of Garrett in sleeveless attire. I found no tattoos, economic-related or otherwise.
It must have been something I ate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home