Friday, January 06, 2006

What caught your ear this week?

Route 1 welcomes the New Year with the inaugural FRIDAY QUESTION of 2006: What was the catchiest song you heard this week?
Ann K. -- "Tequila makes her clothes fall off." I'm not sure if that is the name of the song, but that is the song I can't get out of my head.
Rick T. -- Hank William Jr.'s song "It Takes a lot of Liquor to Like Her."
Mike D. -- Well, maybe not catchy, but hauntingly unforgettable... On my way to lunch today, I heard Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again (Naturally)" on my car radio. The last time I heard it was this past spring, shortly after my parents died within four days of each other. At the time, I couldn't get that song out of my head for about a month. (If you're wondering why, listen to the last verse.) I'm hoping for a happier 2006.
Kerstin H. -- Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone."
Clint A. -- The Living Things' "Bom Bom Bom." It keeps pounding through my skull... please make it go away.
Erik H. -- It came from 1963... it came from Germany... it came with an unrelentingly catchy chorus. It's Die Sweetles' "Ich Wünsch Mir Zum Geburtstag Einen Beatle," and it has been rattling around in my brain all week long. This song roughly translates to "I want a Beatle for my birthday" and was sung by a bunch of lovestruck female Beatles admirers. It doesn't matter that the song is in German. In Deutsch or any other language, this song remains flat-out catchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home