Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'll Save You All My Kisses


Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kisses!
Remember the song "I'll Save You All My Kisses" by Dead or Alive?
I sure do.
Jill and I have been married 15 years as of today (Jill is pictured above, with Kerstin during the recent Independence Day festivities).
When I first really got to know her, during a break from our small, eastern Iowa college, she had an elderly, decrepit car whose limited number of actual working parts included a cassette tape player.
More often than note, the cassette playing as Jill drove around was Dead or Alive's "Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know."
Nowadays, if people remember Dead or Alive at all, they will remember "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)." That dancefloor fave was from "Youthquake," the Liverpool band's album that preceded "Mad, Bad..."
"I'll Save You All My Kisses" comes second on "Mad, Bad...," just after the memorable opener "Brand New Lover."
"I'll Save You All My Kisses" is a headlong-rush of a song, perfect for falling in love with a girl with a battered old car.
After 15 years, I am still so grateful I fell under Jill's -- and that song's -- romantic spell.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home