Friday, July 08, 2005

The aural equivalent of a deep sigh

This week, the FRIDAY QUESTION asks you to crawl up into a hammock, lemonade in hand, and ponder the following:
What CD do you play to relax and why?
Dave B. -- "After the Snow" by Modern English. I always seem to gravitate to that CD to help me relax. I think it is because when I was in college "studying" I would put that CD in.
Rick T. -- Anything from the 50s and 60s of country music. That's when country music was REAL country.
Scout S. -- "Ferment" by Catherine Wheel. It's a perfect record to sink into and let the rest of the world just hold on for a while.
Diane H. -- "Our Endless Numbered Days" by Iron and Wine. It's beautiful and reflective. Plus, I love the lyric "there are things that drift away/like our endless numbered days."
Mike D. -- I know the falsettos might make some people's skin crawl, but I'm going to have to go back to my homemade, pre-disco Bee Gees compilation to mellow out.
Jim S. -- I'd probably put something in by Enya or the Cranberries. Enya has an obvious spiritual touch that fills the soul while the Cranberries do likewise, in a more subtle way (at least for me).
Jill H. -- Anything by Chet Baker. Need I say more?
Shannon H. -- "Grace" by Jeff Buckley. Listen to it. It's just beautiful.
Mary N-P. -- I never put on music to relax. Quite the opposite. When I listen to music, I'm really listening or dancing, so either way, it doesn't relax me.
Brian C. -- "Take Five" by the Dave Brubeck Quartet. Recorded 45 years ago, but timeless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home