Saturday, July 27, 2013

Classic country sounds match the sunrise

JOHNNY RODRIGUEZ always sounds great when the sun rises.
I didn't mean to wake up before dawn this morning -- once again the pets had other days -- but since I was awake, I decided to enjoy myself with some of Rodriguez's classic country music.
The Texan came to prominence in the early 70s, with a sound linked directly to the honky tonks, heavily flavored with fiddles and piano.
Rodriguez released a string of country chart-topping hits, such as "You Always Come Back (to Hurting Me)," "Ridin' My Thumb to Mexico" and "That's the Way Love Goes."
These songs and his others sound good any time of the day.
Today was proof, though, that they might sound best as the first rays of sunlight stream over the horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home