Saturday, July 20, 2013

My selfish reason for Pakistani violence to subside (Yes, cricket is involved)

I wish tensions would lessen throughout South Asia -- strictly for selfish reasons, I'm afraid.
I've been participating in some "ARMCHAIR TRAVEL" the past couple of days, reading "THE LONELY PLANET GUIDE TO PAKISTAN" and wishing violence would subside so I could undertake a tour I've dreamt about for years.
I want to attend CRICKET matches during a Southern summer in PAKISTAN and INDIA.
It would be marvelous attending matches at the top grounds of the subcontinent, such as Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore, Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, National Stadium in Karachi and M.A. Chidambaram (Chepauk) Stadium in Chennai, among others.
I've read about the subcontinent's quasi-religious passion for cricket for years. I would love to experience it for myself.
I'm not entirely cricket-obsessed. I'd also like to pair that dream tour with visits to sights of the BRITISH RAJ, from the Empress Market in Karachi to the Victoria Memorial in Kolkata and many more points in between.
So, you can see why I wish violence would subside in Pakistan. I'd love to spend time at their cricket grounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home