Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Midsummer and midwinter classics collide, thanks to our shrinking globe

The era of globalization means I can enjoy the Midsummer Classic followed by a midwinter classic in a matter of hours.
After watching BASEBALL'S ALL-STAR GAME on television last night from New York, I am watching AUSTRALIAN RUGBY LEAGUE'S STATE OF ORIGIN deciding match on television this morning from Sydney.
The annual three-game series pits the best players from QUEENSLAND against the best from NEW SOUTH WALES.
The Maroons of Queensland aim to clinch their eighth straight series in this match, and lead, 8-4, at half time.
I've loved rugby league since visiting Sydney a few years ago.
Thanks to technology and our "shrinking" world, I can now enjoy it from the comfort of my living room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home