Thursday, July 18, 2013

Remembering my 2009 day at cricket's home

I'll never forget Dec. 29, 2009.
Although clouds covered LONDON and rain fell steadily, I thought about nothing but CRICKET.
That's the day my sister INGER and I toured LORD'S CRICKET GROUND.
The drizzle didn't bother me at all. I walked around the ground thinking about all of the matches played throughout the years, all of the famous players who had toiled under the sun, and all of the supporters who received such joy.
Known as "The Home of Cricket," Lord's serves as an historic stadium, an administrative headquarters and a comprehensive museum of the sport. I liken it to a combination of Fenway Park and the Baseball Hall of Fame -- with the commissioner's office tossed in for good measure.
Cricket is back at Lord's beginning today, with the second Test match in the ASHES series between ENGLAND and AUSTRALIA.
I'm listening to today's play this morning before I head to work. I'll listen to cricket on the radio all day tomorrow, while remembering my own trip to the sport's most hallowed ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home