Thursday, March 07, 2013

Losing a true Canadian original

It was fitting -- I learned about the death of STOMPIN' TOM CONNORS last night while watching a HOCKEY game.
Connors' "THE HOCKEY SONG" provides the remarkable, lasting legacy of the CANADIAN country singer. The song plays in hockey arenas throughout North America.
Connors' other songs, tunes that include "Canada Day," "Bud the Spud" and "Sudbury Saturday Night," reveal his deep love of the nation he called "the greatest country in the world."
His country loved Connors, too.
Last night, Prime Minister Stephen Harper tweeted:
"We have lost a true Canadian original. R.I.P. Stompin' Tom Connors."
I couldn't have said that better myself, so I retweeted his appreciative words.
There was a true Canadian original lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home