Monday, February 25, 2013

IKEA meatballs linked to horse meat? ABBA to the rescue!

Poor SWEDEN.
Today's banner headlines constitute what must amount to a Nordic nightmare:
"IKEA HALTS MEATBALL SALES AFTER HORSE MEAT FOUND BY CZECH AUTHORITIES"
That's a blow to the country's sparkling image! What's next? Performing-enhancing drugs used by DALA HORSES?
I'm commiserating with the land of my ancestors by listening to ABBA today.
Specifically, I'm listening to a playlist that runs through the group's singles, from "Ring Ring" down to "Thank You For the Music," with added bonuses such as a Swedish version of "Waterloo" and a Spanish-language version of "Fernando."
It's great WINTER music -- I can't help but think of ice and snow drifts and sunless days when I hear it.
On a sad day for Sweden, I'm hoping this music will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home