Saturday, March 02, 2013

I love Saturday with erasure

ERASURE have always contributed to the soundtrack of our family.
I can remember long drives through the "outback" of eastern OREGON accompanied by the synth-pop duo's 1988 album "The Innocents" and early 1990s singles such as "Star," "Chorus" and "Love to Hate You."
I'm watching some music videos for those singles this morning, including the appropriately titles "I LOVE SATURDAY."
"I Love Saturday" came out in 1994 and featured on the album "I Say I Say I Say." We played that album frequently in our home in Lakeview, Ore.
Written by erasure members VINCE CLARKE and ANDY BELL, "I Love Saturday" was produced by yet another synth-pop legend, Human League and Heaven 17 co-founder MARTYN WARE.
The rest of the house is still sleeping. I'm going to slip in my earbuds and watch the rest of these erasure videos.
I *do* love Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home