Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'd say that's three hours of dreaming to add to my timecard

OK, that was strange.
One of my stories today is supposed to take a look at the "12/21/12 END OF THE WORLD" CRAZE.
Apocalpyse theorists and some Internet rumor mongers say the end of the ancient Mayan calendar's "long-count period" indicates the world will end Friday.
I decided I would wait until today to come up with several humorous reasons why the world won't end.
Then, my subconscious decided to inject a new meaning to the term "sleeping on it."
I literally dreamt up the story.
I dreamt I was scribbling reasons the world won't end on little scraps of paper throughout the day, then collecting all the scrap-listed reasons for my story.
It was working perfectly, until my PHONE rang about an hour before I usually wake up. It was a text alert about a BLIZZARD we're due to experience tonight and tomorrow.
As I awoke, the little scraps of paper vanished back into dreamland, but I managed to remember about seven of the reasons. I'll use those to form the basis of my story.
One of the reasons the world won't end that appeared in my dream:
"Have you seen the proliferation of Carly Rae Jepsen "Call Me Maybe" parody videos on YouTube? We couldn't be so fortunate as to receive the sweet relief that the apocalypse would bring."
Now, I just need to figure out a way to record all that sleeping time on our company's electronic payroll system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home