Thursday, December 13, 2012

Early wake up call means cricket from orange city

Something's wrong with my phone.
It ran out of battery power throughout the course of the night and shut itself off shortly after 4 a.m.
The sound of it shutting itself off woke me up just as surely as its alarm usually does, and I couldn't get back to sleep.
Thank goodness there was CRICKET on the radio.
ENGLAND reached 199-5 at the close of play on day one of the fourth Test versus INDIA at NAGPUR -- India's "CITY OF ORANGES."
Kevin Pietersen made 73 runs but it was the 65-run partnership of Matt Prior (34 not out) and Test debutant Joe Root (31 not out) that righted England following a poor start to the five-day match.
Perhaps my phone's malfunction was fortuitous: Had the alarm jolted me awake at my usual time, my eyes would have fluttered open five minutes after the close of play had concluded. I would have missed hearing cricket until nightfall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home