Saturday, December 08, 2012

Celebrating football today

Skies are quickly turning grey above me, setting the stage for a good day to stay in and watch ENGLISH FOOTBALL.
Two Mikel Arteta penalties -- one controversially given -- lifted ARSENAL to a 2-0 victory over WEST BROMWICH ALBION in a PREMIER LEAGUE match I watched on television.
West Brom were my club as a youth, and I still have a scarf given to me in junior high school.
The Baggies were poor today. They were seemingly unable to string together many passes and their lack of possession proved too costly against an Arsenal side still finding their way.
Elsewhere, Kevin Lisbie's two goals gave visiting LEYTON ORIENT a 2-0 win at BURY.
Incredibly, that win marks the O's eighth successive victory in all competitions!
Come on you O's!
The remainder of the day, I'll wear my Leyton Orient shirt with my West Brom scarf. That's how I'll celebrate my favorite sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home