Tuesday, September 06, 2011

iPod: Death and (slow) resurrection

I didn't expect to spend the fifth of my FIVE DAYS OFF repopulating an IPOD, but accidents do happen.
My iPod was connected to the desktop computer last night when one of the girls accidentally knocked it to the hardwood floor. The impact converted the thousands of songs from "music" to "other," rendering them useless. The damaged iPod also caused iTunes to crash, making it impossible to restore it to its factory settings.
Oh well. Like I said, accidents do happen.
As luck would have it, JILL had an iPod identical to mine in capacity. She no longer uses it since she received an iPhone.
As bad luck would have it, most of my CDs were on iTunes... on our deceased laptop.
Oh well. I will probably get a new laptop at Christmas.
In the meantime, I will fill the new iPod with purchased music and slowly add CDs.
Today, I decided to make sure all our music by five bands are on the iPod:
1. THE KINKS
2. THE WHO
3. THE BEATLES
4. THE ROLLING STONES
5. LED ZEPPELIN
I'll also try to get as much JAZZ on it as possible.
Don't you think that's as good way as any to start?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home