Monday, August 29, 2011

Get up early and get her ya-yas out

Whoah. It's gonna be a long six weeks.
KERSTIN began her DRIVER'S EDUCATION courses this morning -- so I had to have her at the high school front door by 6 a.m.
It meant an early wake-up call for both of us, and I thought it required some suitable music to accompany us on the trek across town (in dense fog, I might add).
"GET YER YA-YAS OUT! THE ROLLING STONES IN CONCERT" is one of my favorite albums from childhood.
My favorite Stone, MICK TAYLOR, had joined the band and his lead guitar play is prominent on the live versions of songs such as "Sympathy for the Devil."
It helped this morning that the album opens with "Jumpin' Jack Flash."
Kerstin and I were both just emerging from sleep when it was time to go. Thanks to the excitement of the live Stones, we easily completed our pre-dawn journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home