Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thunderstorm wakeup call leads to exciting cricket

For once, I am not too upset that a raucous THUNDERSTORM jolted me out of bed way earlier than I had wanted.
This morning's rude awakening prompted me to listen to CRICKET on the radio (online) earlier than expected, and I have heard some exciting developments.
ENGLAND (47-8 dec. & 62-5 currently) were cruising against INDIA (286) when the visitors struck, taking three wickets for only one English run scored in 10 balls bowled.
In cricketing terms, that's akin to India pulling a rug from under England's feet. The match is being played at LORD'S CRICKET GROUND, which will always be a special place for me, having toured it with my sister Inger during a trip to London.
This meeting between England and India is the 2,000th Test match in the long history of cricket.
It's one of the most enjoyable to hear, too. Thanks thunderstorm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home