Saturday, July 23, 2011

A perfect song to soothe

"CEASE THE BOMBING" is the perfect song for me right now.
I am listening to "THE BEST OF GRANT GREEN, VOL. II" and the EARL NEAL CREQUE composition (from 1969's "CARRYIN' ON") sounds so beautiful and soothing.
News of the escalating death toll in the NORWEGIAN MASS MURDER sickened me overnight. I needed something like "Cease the Bombing," with GRANT GREEN'S signature, brilliant guitar work allied with Creque's electric piano and the vibes by WILLIE BIVENS.
I love Green, and I am not quite so purist that I dismiss his FUNKY ACID-JAZZ work of the late 1960s and early 1970s; good music is good music, as far as I am concerned.
Besides, any tune with the drumming of IDRIS MUHAMMAD/LEO MORRIS can't go too far wrong. He is one of my favorite drummers in any genre of music.
Skies are gloomy, I am alone with the cats, and songs such as "Cease the Bombing" are sounding so good this morning.
Pray for the Norway victims and their families, too. What happened caused too much hurt for too many people for a song to cure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home