Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fueling up with music for my trip

I've finished packing for a trip to SIOUX FALLS, S.D., now I am lining up some music for the six-and-a-half-hour drive.
I travel to Sioux Falls to participate in the first event of an ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH CARE JOURNALISTS fellowship, which I received earlier this year.
Having selected the clothes, notebook, pens and toothbrush necessary for the trip, my thoughts are on the tunes for the car ride.
I want to save my iPod for the motel room, so I have selected a stack of CDs to accompany across portions of Iowa, southern Minnesota, and on to South Dakota's largest city.
Iowa is rural, so how about some STEVE EARLE? I'll take "Guitar Town."
I'll be driving through Minnesota, so how about some REPLACEMENTS? "Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out The Trash," "Stink," "Hootenanny," "Let it Be," "Tim" and "Pleased to Meet Me" -- heck, I'll bring all my 'Mats CDs along for the ride.
I've been aching to hear some FACES lately, so I will bring the box set. Might as well bring my ROD STEWART CDs, too, just in case.
Finally, it will be hot on the drive back, so how about some OINGO BOINGO?
Listening to that band always makes me think of hot, sunny, summer days.

Obviously, this is more than enough music to cover my trip. I just want to be prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home