Thursday, July 07, 2011

A good night for "Rushmore"

"Oh that's great. I wrote a hit play and directed it, so I'm not sweating it either."
My days at work have been beyond busy this week, with afternoon out-of-town assignments following office work each morning.
Last night, I needed a break, so I settled down to watch one of my favorite films.
"RUSHMORE" is the 1998 second feature by WES ANDERSON, and stars JASON SCHWARTZMAN as Max Fischer, a student struggling with school work, love and the intricacies of friendship, loyalty and betrayal, but so full of self-belief that he invariably finds his way back on top.
The film is full of funny lines and memorable characters.
Of Anderson's films, I really like "BOTTLE ROCKET" and "THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS," too, but "Rushmore" is the one for me.
It certainly helped take my mind off this busy work week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home