Friday, July 22, 2011

Temps get hot, answers stay cool

You know it's been hot when the heat index reaches 104 and you say:
"At least it's *only* 104."
The current HEAT WAVE prompted ROUTE 1 readers to answer the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"How are you keeping cool this week?"
RICK T. -- Staying inside with the air conditioner on. TV, snacks, soda pop, I'm good!
KERI M. -- We just got air conditioning.
JIM S. -- Along with staying in where it's air conditioned as much as possible, I am going to try to stay cool in my mind. I have a bad habit of getting psyched out by these hot stretches. So, I am vowing to not say anything out loud that is negative about the heat this week. It's here and there's nothing I can do about it. It, too, will pass.
KERSTIN H. -- I'm not going outside unless I have to.
BEKAH P. -- I plan on going to the air-conditioned movie theater and watching the final Harry Potter over and over and over and over....
ANNIKA H. -- Staying inside with fans.
INGER H. -- That hasn't really been something I have to worry about. The hotter the rest of the country, the colder it is in S.F.
BRIAN M. -- I don't have to do anything, it appears. It's 71, cloudy and raining today (Monday), is expected to rain tomorrow and the temp is expected to budge no higher than 83 in Grants Pass, Ore., the rest of the week.
JEFF T. -- By living in Reno!
SANDYE V. -- The second floor in our house does not cool off as well as the main floor, so we're blocking the top of the stairway with a big sheet of cardboard and redirect the feeble central air currents with fans. I've tried sleeping in the basement where it's the coolest -- but it's also soggy, even with a dehumidifier gurgling away.
ERIK H. -- By sipping water and listening to the cool sounds of Al Green.

1 Comments:

Blogger  said...

)))((((((
(-)...(-)
....U....
.[____].---Where's the Cold War when you need it?"

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home