Thursday, July 21, 2011

An Al Green prescription

I felt sickened by the HEAT WAVE last night, after spending time outside and not drinking as much water as I had planned.
I came home at the end of the day and recovered with some AL GREEN.
I sat on the couch, sipping water in front of a fan and listened to "AL GREEN GREATEST HITS" on my iPod.
"Tired of Being Alone," "Let's Stay Together," "Here I am (Come and Take Me)" and "Love and Happiness" are among the Green songs that simply make a person feel better.
Green's greatest commercial success -- resulting in the songs that have become soul classics -- resulted in his pairing with producer and arranger WILLIE MITCHELL of Hi Records in Memphis. The two of them created a stylish, distinctive sound that helped soothe my overheated health.
I fully recommend it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Swen said...

There's no better soulful and intense singer than Al Green. You made a good choice. I have video of him on my Midnight Special DVDs and he oozes sensuality as he sings. Very catchy tunes, too.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home