Friday, July 29, 2011

Brown bag specials

What day is today? Thursday?
Are you kidding me? Friday already? Where did the week go?
While ROUTE 1 determines how two or three days slipped through our fingers this week, readers respond to the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What's your favorite item in a brown-bag (or similarly packed) lunch?"
BRIAN M. -- Always the sandwich. Pastrami and Pepperjack or Swiss, on white.
RICK T. -- Ham and cheese sandwich.
STACEY B. -- A good old-fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Yummy.
KERSTIN H. -- Chips and the pop I sneak in it!
MIKE D. -- When I was a kid, there was nothing better than a bologna sandwich on buttered bread with ketchup, warmed for several hours in your school locker. Mmmmm!!!
ANNIKA H. -- PB and J.
BEKAH P. -- Leftover beef/veggie stir fry. It's one of my go-to supper dishes, and it's super easy to make extra to pack for lunch. It's great either cold or re-heated. Yum.
JOHN S. -- PB&J.
ERIK H. -- A small bag of Oreos. Nothing makes me eat all of my carrots (or other veggies) like knowing I have three (or so) Oreos waiting for dessert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home