Monday, December 06, 2010

Clash winter classics

THE CLASH just seem like a perfect band for WINTER.
I think that's because I don't particularly enjoy the coldest, snowiest season (it's the fourth-best season in my book), and The Clash produced a strident, sometimes angry but often insanely catchy brand of music that matches my mood.

Driving to the store yesterday to get egg nog, I enjoyed hearing the opening quartet to the album "GIVE 'EM ENOUGH ROPE."

"Safe European Home," "English Civil War," "Tommy Gun" and "Julie's Been Working for the Drug Squad" are four of the band's finest songs. They sound the best played in their natural order, as they appear in succession on the album. I love how catchy and aggressive they sound. "Tommy Gun," in particular, has a booming chorus that always prompts me to sing along.

I know it sounds goofy, but winter is a little more palatable with The Clash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home