Friday, November 26, 2010

Route 1 readers thankful for...

ROUTE 1 didn't overeat yesterday and even got to bed at a decent hour.
We knew we had a busy "BLACK FRIDAY," beginning with recording the answers to this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:

"What do you have to be thankful for this year?"

MIKE D. -- All of the fun times that my family has shared this year: Among them were a fishing vacation in Wisconsin, seeing a (rare) 15-3 Cubs victory at Wrigley field, my son's team's Independent League championship and my boys and I greeting my wife as she finished the last leg of RAGBRAI. (And all of the aforementioned happened within a three-week period.)

ANNIKA H. -- My family.

ELLEN B. -- Health, family and great friends.

BEKAH P. -- That last year at this time, I had the opportunity to spend unlimited time with my grandfather before he passed away in December. Previously, my job(s) kept me from spending all hours with my family. But I entered my self-imposed sabbatical at exactly the right time last year, and I was able to create some fantastic memories with my beloved g-pa before he passed. Thankful doesn't even begin to cover how I feel...

BRIAN C. -- The arrival of a new granddaughter, marriage of our younger daughter (unrelated to the first item, by the way), and our younger son securing a better job (and moving closer to home).

KERI M. -- My family, my love and our new house.

RICK T. -- Having a great life. My wife, family and friends. And playing good old country music.

ERIK H. -- I am thankful for my family and that I was able to see the Giants win the World Series during their San Francisco era -- something my late grandmother (who taught me to be a Giants' fan) never had an opportunity to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home