Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Canada's Sam & Dave" keep it warm in the cold

My feet are cold this morning, but I can't even imagine what "CANADA'S SAM & DAVE" thought when they first arrived in Toronto.
I've been listening to the fine compilation, "JAMAICA TO TORONTO: SOUL, FUNK & REGGAE, 1967-1974," which includes the track "I Believe in Music" by BOB AND WISDOM.

Jimmy Wisdom and Bob Williams were raised in Montego Bay, Jamaica, but were among the thousands of West Indians who migrated north to Canada in the 1960s.
Arriving in Ontario in 1968, the pair hit the Great White North's soul scene and earned the nickname "Canada's Sam & Dave."
They released their cover version of Mac Davis' "I Believe in Music" in 1972.
Hopefully by then, the pair had grown accustomed to the COLD WEATHER of their new home.
I know from listening that at least the music keeps you warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home